European Recipe,

Easy Mushroom Risotto

July 10, 2017 Unknown 0 Comments

Mushroom Risotto

Risotto is an Italian rice dish cooked in a broth and white wine to a creamy consistency. The broth can be derived from meat, fish, or vegetables. Risotto mainly contains butter, wine, and onion. It is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy.
I never tested risotto before coming to Switzerland. For the first time I tried in a restaurants in Lugano (Italian part of Switzerland). It was purple in color (that’s still a mystery) and the way it looked I did not like it at all. Being a Bengali we have eating habit of long grain rice. I never liked short grain mushy rice before. It was mind set for me so that I did not like the risotto there. But my friends loved that too much. Then once I tried it in other restaurants, I became a fan of risotto especially with mushroom. Then I went to Italy I tried there as well. More I have tried it more became a fan of it. Then I have started to make risotto at home. Because we can’t go to restaurants everyday right? This is my version of hope that you will like it and don’t forget to comment that how it turns out J

Ingredients:
½ cup of Arborio/ small short grain white rice
100 grams Mushroom of your choice (Porcini is best for it but you mix with other mushroom)
1 small onion chopped into small pieces
2 cloves of garlic crushed
½ cup white wine
2 cups of ho
t vegetable broth/ broth of your choice
Salt & pepper to taste
½ teaspoon Italian mixed herbs
Parmesan Cheese
Butter
Olive oil
Cooking time 30-35 minutes

Method
1.     Add olive oil and butter to heavy bottom sauce pan. You can only use butter. But I prefer both. Add the finely chopped onion and crushed garlic into the pan. Saute it until onion pieces are translucent.
2.    Then add chopped mushroom pieces and saute it until it became tender.
3.    Then add Arborio rice and toast it for few times.
4.    After toasting the rice, add white wine to it and mix it until all liquid has been evaporated.
5.    Then add the hot broth or stock to it and let it cook at medium low heat until the rice is completely cooked through. It will take 10 minutes.
6.    Then turn off the heat and add some butter and loads of Parmesan cheese. Give it a last mix and serve immediately. Enjoy J
     Please Subscribe to my Youtube channel :)







0 comments: